Saturday, September 30, 2006

In da plane .. plane #3

I guess things are getting better now, we're flying back... the airport will have opened by the time we get to KTM ... and overall, instead of leaving at 1:30pm, we're flying out the next morning at 5am... wow, I thought I was past the days of ~17hr layovers like I had in Taipei last month... dammit, had another, and unexpected 16hrs in BKK :( I fell no remorse in saying that we were royally screwed by RNAC tonight :o)

Here's the food ... guess what we're eating at 6-7 in the AM ??? Lunch from the day before!! Damn this delayed flight!!



Here's my ode to RNAC:

dear, beloved airline R.N.A.C,
I was stuck in BKK, and you let me be.
I've been flying you for so many years,
And today, you've made so many (not me, me-no-cry),
... shed so many tears.

I swear to God (not, really) I will come aboard your planes no more,
Oh wait, actually, I'm booked on your flight Monday to Bangalore!!!

Ok, this woulda, coulda, shoulda been my last RNAC meal:



Ok, some fun stuff on the plane ... I guess there's no time like the current time (~6am) for Vat 69 whiskey for some disgruntled passengers:





I'm somewhat tempted for some good old 'russian water' myself, however, I've already lost all of my friday-ktm time, and as soon as I reach KTM, I gotta do what I came here to do... mingle, hehe.

I'm a start my minglin' right here, no time to waste, eh? I walked up to the galley to ask for a second cuppa joe... hey, I needs my caffeine! How else am I going to stay up all day in KTM after that horrendous flight + transit + flight + looooooong transit + flight :) So, I suspected that I had seen the air hostess somewhere (yup, RNAC has air hostesses), and asked her thus. She had no clue... I couldn't blame her, I mean, look at me, hehe. I told her who I was (ooh, don't that just sound so cool) and she did recognise me ... in fact, she was on our flight back from Delhi last month! So, there I was ... talkin' to her and another air hostess about our situation, about the situation in KTM, etc ... poor things, it must be quite hard for them to deal with these disgruntled pax :-/

This is me really happy and excited to be going home... yup, this is my happy face:


Ok, I hadda freshen up, and bid goodbye to the RNAC loo too:



So, with my third cup of coffee, I felt pretty confident that I could handle another day of wake up and stay up ... guess I gotta be more realistic about being confident of my own confidence levels .. oh wait, that makes my head spin... anyways, I go back to my seat for a little rest ..., and promptly fell asleep... Woke up in the nick of time though ... look at these beautiful pictures of my beautiful homeland:

डाँडा काँडाहरु








काठमाडौंको घर हरु




 

And yes, touchdown!!! Honey, I'm hoooooooooooooooooooooooome

Goodbye, RNAC, goodbye !!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ode to RNAC: Awesome..hehe. me no like u talkn to airhostesses :/

da! G ... edition Bangalore said...

you don't know me! you don't even know her!!