Friday, September 29, 2006

In da plane .. plane #2

So, my seat number is 6K (yayy, another window seat), and it's especially good for me given that I have a 1:15hr layover in Bangkok. So, there I was chillin' and layin' back at the gate...

Let all da other excited pax stand in line to board the plane. I really don't see any point in trying to get on the plane early ... all the pax are gonna reach the destination at the same time, hehe. But as I was saying, good thing that I'm gonna sit near the front ... it's more important to be able to "de-plane" quickly given my circumstances.



The lady at the counter insists on checking my carry-on bag... I'm like, wtf, I got a 1hr connection (the flight was supposedly gonna be 10mins late)... you're friggin' gonna lose my bag in BKK. I tried convincing her: hey, it's real light. I even opened it and showed her that it contained nothing more besides my pillow ... yup, I travel w/ a pillow ... long story ... well, 'tis the second time in my life that I've done this. So, eventually, they decide to lemme thru' bag and all, but there's a condition -- I gotta leave my bag "downstairs" and then go upstairs. WTF, I still gotta check my bag?!? Then, it hits me.. I'm sitting *upstairs* ... in a B-747... upstairs is 1st or Business class. I'm sitting there?!? Me?!? Here's what my resting place for the next few hours looks like:



I cannot believe my good fortune. Firstly, I'd like to thank GOD (no, I actually never do) for everything. I'd like to thank my fans who've stuck wid us thru' all this sh*t... yadda yadda yadda. Actually, I am really happy about this situation given that 12-hr cramp I was in earlier...

Oh, what a view from the top!!



Ok, so yeah, here I am .. mucho reclining chair, foot rest, basically the works!! And here's some pix ... ... ... oh no, I *don't* have any pix!!! Oh well ...

Oh, and the food ... haha, here I was expecting to be given a menu of items to choose from. But no, it's the same ol' protocol. Stewardess comes along with a list and asks if I ordered veggie... yes ma'am. And come food time, I still get my food before the "regulars" ... but yeah, I initially thought I was getting better fare on the "upper floor" but I guess not. You decide:



Ok, so here's a funny for y'allz ... so, y'know right, up in biznass class, ya gets to choose foods and stuff ... so, I flagged down the girl walkin' by, and axd... well, here's how the conversation done gone:

me: waitress, can I have some dessert?
her: I'm a *stewardess*, sir! We have milkshakes and ice-cream.
me: [thinking to myself: whatever, it's the same old thing .. you're gonna take my order and bring me what I want, right!!] ... yeah, about that ice-cream? Lemme get a chocolate ice-cream.
her: [chirpily] I'll bring it right away sir.

5-10 mins pass ... and a dude sets down a glass in front of me... it's not ice-cream, it's a friggin' milkshake.

me: hey wait, stewardess, I axd for ice-cream. This is a milkshake.
him: I'm a *steward*, sir!! Isn't this your ice-cream?
me: [... y'know, same old... ] Umm, yeah, ok. And no, this is a milkshake. Can I have some ice-cream?
him: I'll bring you ice-cream, sir.

*another* 5-10 mins pass ... no ice-cream in sight ... yet another dude in pilot-like uniform comes, and sets down another glass in front of me ... it's still not ice-cream, it's another friggin' milkshake.

me: hi steward ... I believe I axd for ice-cream. You didn't bring me ice-cream!!
him: I'm the purser, sir !!! And I believe this is what you asked for.
me: [Losing my cool] ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE M0TH3RF*CKING SHAKES ON THIS M0TH3RF*CKING PLANE!!!

hahaha .. ok ok I admit the whole thing didn't happen ... this is a joke I heard at a comedy club recently ... modified from steaks -> shakes ... since I don't do steaks, etc.




Hey, I can't help but wonder ... does the toilet on the upper floor also have a reclining toilet seat?? Wid a footrest??? And lotsa legroom???? Hey, why not, right? It's for business people to do their, umm, business. So, I went to have a look... and boy, was I disappointed, or was I disappointed! Up here, it ain't more different than any of the old econ' loos downstairs :-/ ... ok, there's a almost-full-length mirror here, does that count as being "special?" In any case, today I became a member of the mile-high club ... mile-high, self-photography club that is, hehe, I so know what you were thinking. Naughty, naughty!!!



Ok, the in-flight entertainment service on China Airlines officially sux bigtime, yup, even in business class! The freakin' audio doesn't work half the time while they're showing the movie [X-Men ... the sequel, for those interested], and I was happy to fall back on my music, and read some of my magazines.

...

The flight's departure was delayed by more than 10 mins... it's gonna be a real tight squeeze getting my connection to Kathmandu on RNAC. I hope I do get thru'... Ok, we're close to landing now... no we're not. Mister pilot here sez that we're gonna sit it out up in the sky for ~10mins ... wtf dude, I gots me a plane to catch! So, we circle around a lot ... there's less than an hour for my connecting flight, yikes! By the time we taxi in to the gate, there's barely 40 minutes. So, apparently, top-floor business class folks are less valuable than lower-floor business class people... apparently, we have to wait until *they* clear outta da plane. I can't deal with this, I got a connection, like, *right* now !! So, they let me thru, and, yup, I'm speed-walking my way outta da aircraft...... EOM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U cuss a lot!!

da! G ... edition Bangalore said...

sweet jezuz